Share:
Notifications
Clear all

64-year-old grandma finally gets admission, goes back to school  

Umah Muhammed
Topic starter
(@umah-muhammed)
Famed Member

A 64-year-old year woman has shown the world that age is not a barrier to achieving ones long-term dream or aspiration.

The elderly woman simply known as Mrs Watson gained admission to study for her PhD and she ws very excitd about the development.

Her daughter, Isa Watson, took to Twitter to reveal that her mum told her children during Thanksgiving that she has been given admission.

She also disclosed that her mother will be beginning the doctoral programme at the University of Pennyslvannia

Isa Watson tweeted:

“My 64-year old mother told us on Thanksgiving that she got accepted to a PhD program at UPenn. It’s never too late to do what you want!”

Below are some of the comments on the post:

@ChauncineC said: Send my congratulations and ask her where she found that beautiful blue tablecloth.

@skzatopek said: If you love learning it’s never too late. I admire her. I’m 60 and thinking of going back to school. The desire to learn and have challenges is calling me! Your mom must of got that call. I Wish her success!

@lifesafeast said: This reminds me of a story. When I was an undergrad at UPenn back in the early 80s, I met a 50-year-old woman who had just been accepted to Penn medical school. She told us that when she had told her friends & family that she wanted to become a doctor and was applying to med school…

Source:CorrectNG 

1606750204-woman-school-1.jpg
Topic Tags

Share: