Nigerian man who wa...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Nigerian man who was denied visa twice graduates with distinction from US university

Umah Muhammed
Topic starter
(@umah-muhammed)
Famed Member

A Nigerian man identified as Babatunji Ogunjobi, has shown that with persistence, hard work and focus, one can achieve the loftiest of dreams.

Babatunji bagged a distinction in his MSc programme from the University of Arkansas, in the United States, several years after being denied US visa on two occasions.

The young man recounted how he had applied for a student visa 15 years ago and got denied twice by the consular on the grounds that he was a mediocre.

Undeterred, he reapplied in the year 2019 and eventually emerged successful.

18 months down the line, he said he got 3 scholarships, 4 awards and has landed a job at tech giant Microsoft.

Sharing his story on LinkedIn, Babatunji wrote;

“15years ago, I was refused a visa twice to study in the United States. In fact on my second attempt, the consular officer said she was refusing my visa application because I was mediocre.

“In 2019, I tried again and got the visa.

“18months,3 scholarships,4 awards later, yesterday I graduated with a Masters of Science in Business Information Systems with distinction (4.0 out of 4.0GPA) from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

“I have also accepted a job offer at Microsoft as a Senior Business Program Manager.

“I am not saying I am no longer mediocre but this mediocre doesn’t give up on his dreams.

“Thank you to every one who has been part of my journey so far.”

Source: Correct ng
1621343087-man-graduate.jpg
Topic Tags
Share: